What we do
Resource Consulting Group is a fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm. We look at the big picture concerning your finances with the goal of achieving or enhancing your peace of mind. The first and most important thing we do is listen. We assist you in quantifying your hopes and dreams and in determining your tolerance for various types of risk. We work with you in creating a realistic plan to achieve your goals. Only then do we design, implement and monitor an investment plan to accomplish your goals.
What we don’t do
We do not sell any products. We do not receive any form of compensation from anyone other than our clients. We do not prepare income tax returns. We do not draft legal documents.
Who we are
Resource Consulting Group was established in 1988 as a fee-only financial planning and investment advisory firm. We are registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a Registered Investment Advisor. We manage over $1.5 billion for our clients.
Who are our clients?
Our clients consist of the top 1% of Americans in terms of their assets or income, so they have already achieved financial success. But what we have found is that success has increased the stress in their lives, not decreased it, and they are bombarded with complexity.
The common objective among our clients is their desire for peace of mind concerning their finances. They don’t need or want “Get Rich Quick” schemes. They are looking for a long-term relationship with a firm that can provide objective, unbiased advice.
What we believe
- Our job is to help you determine the best way to achieve your financial goals. For some, it may be maximizing return. For others, it may be reducing risk.
- The most important investment decision you must make is the appropriate balance among the major categories (cash, bonds, stocks).
- Our investment strategies are based on unbiased long-term research, not Wall Street hype.
- Most investment vehicles and financial services are too expensive. It is the cost of trying to “beat the market” that causes most investors to fail to achieve market returns.
- Past performance is of no value in selecting superior performing mutual funds or money managers in the future.
- Low cost, no-load, “index” and “asset class” mutual funds are the most efficient way to harness market returns.
- Broad diversification among and within investment categories can increase returns as well as reduce risk.
- Our service adds value.
- Developing a plan and then adhering to a long-term disciplined strategy is the most reliable way to achieve long-term goals.
- Read our employees’ core values.
Why is this important for you?
Virtually all people, regardless of their wealth, have a great deal of anxiety about their finances. Why?
- Failure to develop a plan
- Failure to have a financial “quarterback”
- Failure to achieve acceptable rates of return
- Failure to stay committed to a disciplined investment strategy
- Failure to control costs
When you hire Resource Consulting Group, you hire a team of professionals with broad credentials and experience who believe in a long-term disciplined strategy.